Thursday, January 28, 2010

Introducing . . .Baby Robinson #2







For those of you who don't already know and for those of you who didn't catch my slip yesterday on Face Book (I noted a picture as me 14 wks pregnant oops). . . we are excited and blessed to announce the expected arrival of our second child due July 27, 2010!! Yes, we wanted to be sure it arrived in our wonderful 110+ degree weather here in Arizona - LOL! :)

I am finally feeling much better, after many more sickies with pregnancy #2. I'm still not 100%, but am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (I hope)! Above are some pictures from an ultra sound last Monday in Phoenix. We opted to get the 1st trimester non invasive screen for down sydrome (something they ask you when your 35+ - oh boy!) and these are from that test when I was almost 13 weeks along. The results turned out very well with the chances of down sydrome to less than .1%!! Yippee!

We will keep you posted as things progress. Our appointment to determine the sex is set for the morning of March 11th (not too far off). The technician in Phoenix looked for the sex and gave us a 60% boy, 40% girl answer. Evidently at that age, the boy continues to grow (in that area) and the girl stops. She thought she saw a little "something" extra but wasn't sure. So, I guess we'll know for sure March 11th!

Oh and yes the poor child looks like an alien in the face shot above . . . evidently it's common at this age and with this strong of an ultra sound!! Looks VERY funky though I know!

2 comments:

paigemoe said...

So exciting and I am happy to hear you are starting to fell a little better. I know you have had a rough time with the morning sickness lasting al day. Your pictures are awesome and we can't wait to find out what you are having! Hugs and we miss you guys!

Dawn said...

Congratulations you guys!!!