Thursday, October 23, 2008

Quick Update From a Proud MaMa

I'm way behind on posting, but wanted to give you a quick update of another proud moment in my Mommy life. . .

We took RJ to the park last weekend and he loved swinging. I'll post pics and video when I have some time (yeah, right - when's that gonna be?!)!!

Over the weekend we noticed he was doing a lot more REAL crawling (belly off the floor, butt in the air on his knees) and he pulled up to sitting from crawling a few times. Well Monday, I didn't get much time to play with him because we host a church small group in our house at 7pm so I mainly fed him, bathed him and put him to sleep. Tuesday night I had to do a presentation for the church's school board, so Rob watched him and unfortunately he was asleep when I got home. SO, last night I FINALLY got a chance to play with him and I was THRILLED when he pulled up to standing on his own and then just stood there for a long, long time (I thought he was holding on to the table, but I looked down and he was just standing holding onto nothing)!! He's been standing, holding on and playing with toys for a while, but I had no idea he could balance and stand on his own! I finally put him back on the ground to see if he could repeat the pull up . . . he did several times and I was just about the proudest mom EVER (and he stood by himself each time - well after beating the table like a drum)!! Anyway, I called Rob (he's working in Northern California this week) and he said Oh right, I forgot to tell you . . . he did that a few times last night (on Tuesday night) and then he and I were playing drums on the table and having a "good ole time!" Oh now this is all making sense I thought! Funny, he forgot to tell me . .. like no big deal . .. . it's a big deal! LOL! :) Anyway, he's a stable little fella and I think this means the pulling up will only be more and more . . . I told Celeste to entice him today to pull up by using the couch (the table probably isn't the safest thing to be teaching him) and put toys up on it, etc. Also, he has a play yard fence now with his toys all inside, so I figure it's just a matter of time until he learns to pull-up using that fence/gate. I guess we need to make sure to move the crib mattress down now too because I'm sure pulling up there will be soon as well.

Oh and also last night he went from crawling to sitting like a million times where on Sunday it was just a couple of times we noticed . .. so I guess that's old news now! LOL! :) Also, this morning when I went in his room he was in a sitting position for the first time, just hanging out and playing!

What's left for my little boy . . . only the walking really - yikes!! :) I told Rob when we were in Zion 2 weekends ago that I felt like RJ has really crossed the line from baby to little boy now and this just confirms that . . . I'm sad that I've lost my little baby, but I am SO in love with the little boy he's become that I can't stay sad very long! Isn't life amazing like that!?!?!? Our baby has grown into THE MOST precious little boy with THE sweetest most precious little personality you could ever imagine! But the again I may be a little biased! We feel SO blessed with him! :)

No comments: