Thursday, March 5, 2009

1 Year Check-Up

We went for RJ's 1 Year check-up on Monday and the doctor thought all was well! Our growing little boy now weighs 20 lbs and 6 ozs! That's good because the law is 20 lbs for the front facing car seat (that he's been using since last Friday) and we weren't 100% sure he was there! Well now we know he's legal! LOL! :) His height measured 29 inches. Again, this put him right about average on height, but well below average on weight.

In other news, RJ's been drinking cow's milk for about 3-4 weeks now. At first he seemes a little constipated from it, but after a few days his system must have gotten used to it and he's been back to normal every since. We're down to 2-3 nursings a day. However, I'm certain breaking from that will be difficult from him because everytime I walk in a room that seems to be all he's interested in. Now that his system is good with the cow's milk, we'll have to develop further wheening strategies. But, I do have to say not having to pump at work has been FANTASTIC! :) It's nice to have my life back! :)

Other news . . . RJ has been finger walking with both of his Grandmas over the weekend and low and behold last night he just started taking off going very far distances. I would say we're a day or so away from what I would call full on walking by himself (yikes we're scared about that)! :)

Finally . . . he had his 1st hair cut last night in the high chair from PaPaw Mike. He loved it and sat real still why PaPaw cut his hair. We saved the locks for his scrapbook of course!

SO many firsts that it's been unbelieveable! Each and every day is full of wonder and amazement of our incredible little boy! He continues to show off for us and show us just how good his comprehension and communication skills are! This morning I tried to give him his milk cup which he profusely pushed away and then pointed me over to the "hooter hider" so I could nurse him! Wow - I could not believe that . . . my little boy is truly on the upward slope of communicating and I just can't wait to get to know him more and more . . . he is SUCH a sweet little fella!

1 comment:

matt and nichole said...

HOOTER HIDER!!!! HAHAHA I'm in tears laughing so hard. Yes it's time to whin him...... hahahaha