Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's a BOY!!!!


Ok, so all jokes aside. We were truly thrilled and blessed to have found out on Friday that we will be having a wonderful and completely healthy baby boy! We were able to see his head, neck, spine, heart, kidney, fingers, toes and yes . . . the thing that makes him a boy (loud and clear - see the arrow in the picture above)!! Everything about him appears to be well - he has 10 fingers, 10 toes and the size of his brain, heart, kidneys, etc. are all on track. He was 11 oz. and registered a heart rate of 150. It was utterly amazing (I can't think of a better word for it) that modern medicine allowed us to see these things as closely as we did (I mean we could see each vertebrae - amazing!)! We feel truly blessed that all is well and thank God for that! Also, we found out the down syndrome screen came back as low risk which was also a nice relief. All in all we felt wonderful leaving the doctor's office and knowing that our baby boy was doing well and that we'd be meeting him now in just 4-5 short months! We went and had Mexican food to celebrate! 'Lil Robbie loves Mexican just like his Mamma! :)

Preliminarily his name will be Robert James (we will call him RJ) named after his soon to be favorite Daddy, Uncle and Grand Daddy (Rob's father is deceased). However, I have this feeling (and maybe it's because my wonderful husband has called the baby this since day one - even before we knew it was a boy) he may be called 'Lil Robbie on occasion. I'm rooting for RJ to catch on, but I can only do so much! :)

I'd also like to send out a special congratulations to my special Pink Lady friends that also had ultra sounds worth celebrating last week! Missy Farfsing will be having a baby girl and Dawn Robbins is going to surprise the world with the sex of her beautiful bean (but my official guess is a boy by looking at those ultra sound pics!)! Both girls found out their babies are nice and healthy and on track. What can I say, but the Pink Ladies are truly blessed!

No comments: