Rice cereal . . .ended up not going so well . . . RJ was having cramping and constipation so we called the doctor and she said to take him off for a week (this was last Wed) and then try him again (we have a doctor appointment tomorrow so I think we'll start him again on Friday). So, needless to say the little fella has not progressed to any other solid foods just yet. However, I have made him some homemade baby food that is ready and waiting - carrots, green beans, peas, sweet potato and butternut squash. Thanks to Kristy P for the fantastic 411 on putting the pureed food into ice cube trays and then storing in freezer bags until ready! This way I'm able to make lots at one time and use it whenever he's ready. And LOTS of thanks to my mom for buying me the Cuisinart hand mixer with the chopper attachment for my birthday . . .makes the puree job a breeze!! So, whenever we get this cereal thing down, we plan to progress on to green veggies, then yellow/orange veggies and finally on to fruit (the yummy stuff). I figure at the rate we're going RJ may have a full set of choppers (teeth) before we get to the fruit! LOL! :) But, I have to admit that for now he still seems extremely satisfied with his milk (although he was an excellent eater with the rice cereal, it just did not agree with his belly).
We were very sad to have to take Grandma Marianne back to California last week. It was a wonderful two months that she spent here with us and she was SUCH a great help! We are going to miss her SO much! Her visit made us realize more than ever just how nice it is to have family close. We loved having home cooked Sunday evening dinners over at Grandma's house for those 2 months . .. there's just nothin' like it!
Well, with every ending there is a wonderful beginning . . . our new nanny Celeste trained a little with Grandma Marianne last week and then started caring for RJ on Monday. She's the best! We truly feel like she was a blessing from God. She's a sure fire natural with RJ and takes care of Rob and I like a pro too! What can I say? Some of us are experts with children and some of us are not. Celeste is one of those that naturally has that gift . . . 1st of all she's a mother of 3 beautiful children - 2 of which are twin boys (age 16 - heck anyone who can raise twins is a hero in my book now that I understand just how hard kids are)! Secondly, Celeste has run an in house child care program in the past, she ran a school lunch program for a while, was a teacher's aid and most recently she taught preschool when she lived in Texas. Can we say over qualified!!?!? But, we ain't gonna tell her that! LOL! :) We feel SO blessed to have Celeste caring for RJ and look forward to getting to know her and her family more. So - WELCOME MS. CELESTE (we'll get a photo out here soon)!
I almost forgot . . .the good news for me about taking Grandma Marianne back to CA was that I had to take off work for 2 days and relax at her house - read magazines, rest, swim in her pool, shop, etc. It was a MUCH needed rejuvenation and just in time for my birthday! Yep. . . Sunday was my birthday and I'm a year older - boo (that's about all I got to say 'bout that)!! LOL! :) Just kidding . . . a HUGE thanks to all those that sent me cards, voicemails and gifts! I appreciated all of it - THANKS! :) I'm SO blessed to have such thoughtful and caring family and friends!
Oh and a bit of news . . . . congratulations to my brother Drew . . . he got engaged to his girlfriend Kelly last week! :)
I'm working on the July photo show and will post it shortly. We'll give you another update after the doctor appointment tomorrow (she's going to check RJ's head again to see if the flatness is getting better).
Our new house is growing my leaps and bounds . . . we made a visit Monday night and the fireplaces were in . . . it was very exciting! Looks like we should still be in by the end of the year - but we're keepin' our fingers crossed! :)
Congratulations to my good friends Shannon and Donnie Mikel on the birth of their son Isaac! He was born premature, so please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers. He will be out of the hospital before we know it!
Congratulations to my good friend NicholeStreet who found out she's having a baby girl today! RJ's gonna have LOTS of girls to choose from ! LOL! :)
Congratulations to my good friends Shalini and Margo on the announcement of their pregnancies!
Gee . . . that's about all I can think of right now . . . but I'm sure I'm leaving something out . . . things have been crazy . . . LOTS happening! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment