It's so cute, the latest with our little guy is that he wants to hand you items now (vs.put 'em in his mouth). It's so cute. I usually take whatever he's handing me and say "thank you RJ" and about that time he's signaling that he wants it back . . . just precious! He's SUCH a cutie! Oh and he's quite the cleaner now . . . it used to be he'd go straight to the mouth with tissues, wipes, paper towels, etc. Not now, he goes cleaning away with them . . .pretty much cleans everything in sight (he is my baby!). Again . . .too freakin' cute that I just had to share! The final thing I've noticed recently is a step up in his comprehension of speech. He certainly understands the basics with no problem - come here, hi, bye, thanks, no, etc. Also, he has developed his own ways of communication . . . pointing to where he wants to go, things he wants to see, waving his arms in front of his face when he's had plenty to eat, etc. It's amazing to see this growth in him . . . his precious little personality continues to develop before our eyes! Oh and I almost forgot . . .lots of hugging and cuddling lately. He hugs me and I sing him a couple songs each night before I lay him down to sleep and he hugs me first thing in the morning before he has his milk. It's just about THE best thing EVER!
One area that we've not seen too much change in lately is walking . . .although Rob had him walking last week with just a lawn mower push toy (without a stationary handle), since he's been sick, he really hasn't shown much interest in walking and he never wants to hold my fingers and walk because it's much too slow for him. When we were in the doctor's office Friday he took off crawling like a crazy man and we had several people go "wow he's fast!" Now that's an understatement! He just may never walk because he has mastered crawling! LOL! :) Also, I don't think it has helped matters that we chase after him crawling and with the "walking toys." So now, whenever I grab one of the walking toys to try and get him to walk, he has no interest in walking, just in taking off like a wild man crawling, wanting me to chase after him with the toy. Oops . . .well it seemed like a fun thing to do with him at the time, but will probably prove to be counter productive towards learning to walk! Hey what can I say?!?! I guess I'll adopt the theory that smarter kids crawl longer (or is that theory they crawl faster!!!)! LOL! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your stories. RJ really sounds (and looks) like such a sweet and perfect baby.
Post a Comment