Sunday, April 20, 2008

8 Weeks Young And Catching Up With Things


Today is my 8 week birthday! I took a picture with Mommy (finally - so many folks were commenting on how Mommy is never in the pictures because she's always the one taking them!). I can't believe it's been 8 weeks since I was born. I've had such a good time and have learned so many things. The time has flown by fast! I've met so many wonderful people (particularly my Mom and Dad of course - they take real good care of me!).
I've been up to lots of fun things lately . . . you just wouldn't believe! Yesterday we were going to go boating (Mommy bought me a life jacket on Thursday), but the winds blew at 20+mph with gusts of 30+!! Yikes, it was crazy out on the lake with white caps as far as I could see (so no way we were going out there)! We decided to go for a picnic with Amber and Anthony (their picture is on the Grand Canyon blog entry below) at Cattail Cove State Park south of town instead. It was a lot of fun! We had lunch along the beach and Mommy laid in the sun for a bit. I was a good little fella and actually enjoyed laying in the shade with the wind blowing (I was checking out everything in sight including a couple of ducks that we swear we didn't feed - LOL!)! It was my 2nd time going to a beach so far and 3rd time going to a park along the water (I have a feeling I'm gonna be a water baby!). Yep . . . last weekend I went with Mom and Dad to layout on the beach just a few minutes from our house on the lake (at another park). I of course stayed in the shade and took a little nap. Dad ended up with a sun burn . . . I tried to tell him to come in the shade with me, but no luck! He's peeling this week as a result . . . I would say "told ya so" but then again I can't really talk so I won't! LOL!! :)
So many other things have been going on . . . Mom told ya'll about me holdin' my head up this week. Well, it weighs a lot, but it didn't take me long to discover I could really see a lot more of this interesting world if I held my head up on my own . . . so that's what I've been doing. I really like it. This week I even started taking my baths in the bath seat . .. those are pretty fun!
Humm . .. what else has been going on . . . I think I need a list for these:
- I've been to Mommy's Sorpotomist Club meetings the last 2 weeks and was a good boy!
- I picked up a rattle this week and shook it (could have just been an accident though)
- I'm really starting to outgrow my newborn clothes and most of the 0-3 month outfits/sleepers.
- Mommy and I went to the MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) group at church this past week and I met a little boy and a little girl my age.
-I've been to church 3 times now and was very good each time
- I can turn my head from side to side when on my tummy (not always but sometimes)
- And a BIGGIE . . . I've slept 6+ hours at night each day this week (and my Mom is thrilled)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But, MOST importantly . . . I am honored to announce that Amber (my new girlfriend that went to the Grand Canyon with us and the picnic yesterday - see Grand Canyon photos - she's a cutie - huh!!??) has graciously accepted the job as my new nanny when Mom goes back to work on May 19th. I will be SO sad when mom has to go back, but I know Amber will be a lot of fun and will take great care of me! Our family feels SO blessed that Amber has accepted the job and we look forward to lots of good times with her (and Anthony) in the future! It's like we're gaining 2 new members of our family and we're thrilled!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

meme04 said...

HELLO TO OUR LITTLE MAN. HE IS GETTING SO BIG. WE LOVED THE PICTURES. GIVE RJ A HUG AND KISS FROM HIS GRANDPA AND GRANDMA WILLIS. TELL HIM WE SEND OUR LOVE TO HIM AND YOU AND ROB,TOO DAD&RONNIE