





RJ and I went to SoCal this week with Rob. It was his first week working back there since RJ was born and I thought what the heck . .. we'll try to go with him since I'm still off work (not returning until the end of May) and his Oma would be thrilled to spend some time with him!!
Oh my goodness . . . . there sure was a LOT of packing to do for a baby!! But, somehow we were able to fit it into our car (still not sure how)!
We had a great week, but not an easy one . .. RJ has been having stomach cramps and bad gas since last Saturday. I've been feeding him Mylicon drops after ever meal for several days now. He grunts and whines through each stomach pain and I just want to cry for him!! It's been rough watching him go through such pain. I've researched a lot, trying to figure out the issue, determine if I've eaten something different, etc. but I really can't seem to figure it out. He seems fine when we're driving and he's sleeping, it's just the after feeding and getting to sleep time frame that seems to give him the most trouble. We're going to monitor it and possibly go to the doctor next week if it doesn't get better.
Also, another bummer about the trip was that his Oma ended up getting sick the night before we arrived, so she wasn't able to hold and play with RJ the way he had wished. We hope you get better soon Oma!
The trip wasn't all bad news though, we were able to successfully take RJ out for his first sushi dinner and meet up with our good friend Michael Conching (he was in town on business from Florida and it was a terrific coincidence that we were there at the same time). We had a terrific time and RJ was an angel! He slept through the entire thing!
Oh my goodness . . . . there sure was a LOT of packing to do for a baby!! But, somehow we were able to fit it into our car (still not sure how)!
We had a great week, but not an easy one . .. RJ has been having stomach cramps and bad gas since last Saturday. I've been feeding him Mylicon drops after ever meal for several days now. He grunts and whines through each stomach pain and I just want to cry for him!! It's been rough watching him go through such pain. I've researched a lot, trying to figure out the issue, determine if I've eaten something different, etc. but I really can't seem to figure it out. He seems fine when we're driving and he's sleeping, it's just the after feeding and getting to sleep time frame that seems to give him the most trouble. We're going to monitor it and possibly go to the doctor next week if it doesn't get better.
Also, another bummer about the trip was that his Oma ended up getting sick the night before we arrived, so she wasn't able to hold and play with RJ the way he had wished. We hope you get better soon Oma!
The trip wasn't all bad news though, we were able to successfully take RJ out for his first sushi dinner and meet up with our good friend Michael Conching (he was in town on business from Florida and it was a terrific coincidence that we were there at the same time). We had a terrific time and RJ was an angel! He slept through the entire thing!
RJ also had the pleasure of meeting some of Rob's German side of the family - Pinky, Hans and Maria. We had a nice visit with them on Wednesday. Thanks for the nice gifts Pinky!
Aunt Cris came over for dinner on Thursday which rounded out a very nice 1st trip to SoCal!
No comments:
Post a Comment