Dear Mommy's Special, Special Boy:
Tomorrow I return back to work after 12 wonderful, amazing weeks with you. I want you to know that returning is one of the most difficult things I've EVER had to do. I have treasured every moment of our time together and it has been one of THE best periods of my life. I have learned so much and have loved getting to know you and all the things that make you - you. I have come to love our time together each day and have gotten to the point where I really look forward to you waking up so I can see your irresistible smile, hear your heart felt laugh and play with you like there's no tomorrow. Believe me, it wasn't always this way. In the beginning I may have secretly wished you slept longer because it was a lot of work when you awoke . . . but you see it's no longer work to me, but pure enjoyment. I feel so blessed to have had this time with you, to have realized this and to get to know you. What I've discovered is that you are so very special and there is no one else quite like you! I absolutely love spending time with you and discovering more and more about who you are and just how special you really are. You see, there are many new mothers that have to return back to work soon after their babies are born because they can not afford otherwise. I am so very thankful that has not been the case for us and that I've been able to spend this precious time getting to know you and loving you more and more with each passing day. Because of this special time we have had together, I know what I am missing . . . I know I have a special boy at home that is waiting for his Mama to return and because of that I will be rushing home for lunches to spend with you and rushing home at the end of the day to care for you. I'll cherish the smaller amount of time we have together even more because I know just how special you are. Thanks for being you and for letting me get to know just how special you are. I promise that going back to work will not hinder this "getting to know" each other process and we will continue to pursue each other and our forever growing relationship. You are and always will be your Mama's very special little boy!
I love you SO much!
Your Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment