Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Husband, My Hero!

Oh my goodness . . . I can't believe I allowed our 2 year anniversary date to go by without posting an entry. Does this mean we're "an old married couple" already?! :) Rob and I joke all the time that it seems like we've been married forever, but the thing is we don't mean that in a bad way at all . . . what we mean is we just have totally jived since day 1 and so it just seems natural - like we've been together forever! :)

I have to admit I often think about how I've been living a dream since the day I met my husband and best friend . . . I sometimes wonder if I'm ever going to wake up . . . and I often pray that I never will! I love my life and I love my husband so much that it hurts. My Mom once told me when I was dating that if you can move on soon after a relationship ends, then that relationship was far from real love. At the time I thought she was crazy (as I often did when I was younger and thought I knew everything), but now I realize how right she really was. When I even think of living a single day without my husband, I get sick to my stomach . . . I can't imagine life without him, he's my best friend and partner and there's only one thing I would ever change about him if I could and that is that I wish I would have met him sooner! LOL! :)

When Rob's sister was visiting us in July, I heard her say something to someone about our relationship . . . something like the fact that we're good partners . . . we work together (i.e. consult each other on everything), etc. I always thought this was the case, but it was such a nice compliment to our relationship coming from someone looking in from the outside. I have to admit that having a respectful and loving relationship is all I could have ever asked for and I honor and thank God each and every day for providing me with that (I prayed and asked and He provided). There's nothing more precious and priceless and I don't take it for granted one bit as there are many folks out there that do not have such a relationship.

So here's to Rob! I look forward to many more years of partnering through life with you! Happy 2 year anniversary!

No comments: