Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wow - it really could be any time now!!

I think I got a little freaked out when Rob called today to let me know the reason our friend Kimberly had not RSVPed to the CA shower (to be held this weekend) and why her husband Tony had not returned voicemails left to him by Rob . . . they had their baby on DECEMBER 17th!!!! Ummm . . . .yikes . . . they were due only a week before us!! Well needless to say the little baby boy has struggled, but seems to be gaining strength and pulling through. This is the VERY good and MOST important news. However, it made me realize that our little guy could be here with us anytime now . . . . makes me realize we're not quite ready!! I also found an old e-mail yesterday from my friend Malcolm that mentioned how their little guy arrived three weeks early. I think at this stage in the game ya just never know how the dear Lord will bless you and when!

It's funny how you have 9 months to prepare for the little one, but it feels like you're rushing at the end to be truly "ready" for him. My thoughts . . . .you're never truly gonna be "ready". . . so you might just want to conserve your "nesting" energy for when the little guy is actually with you! If you think about it . . . .everyone gets through it all one way or another . .. even Tony and Kimberly did when their baby arrived almost 2 months early!! So - I am not going to stress out about it all, but am instead going to enjoy my last 7 weeks of pregnancy and remember each and every movement the little guy makes . . . because I know there will never be another feeling like this. Pregnancy is wonderful and amazing and as much as I look forward to meeting the incredible Baby Boy Robinson . . . I will also miss being pregnant with him!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I have been thinking the same things! I told Missy I will probably cry when the baby is born, not just out of happiness but also out of relief that I have my body back. But I will be so sad not to feel him moving inside of me and having him all to myself. I'm trying not to panic either because if it comes early, we'll manage. I'm so excited for all of us and can't wait to have playdates with our Pink Ladies/T-Birds!