Wednesday, January 2, 2008

32 Week Update




I thought I'd never have a chance to write in this blog again . . . SO much has been going on!! :)

Well 1st off - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! 2008 will prove to be a rewarding year with our new little bundle of joy making his debut!

We very much enjoyed our visit to Louisville and wonderful times spent with family and friends. We felt SO unbelievably blessed and thankful! We love you all!

We were only back from Louisville for a few days when we headed out on our New Year's road trip to Sedona, Arizona. Wow - it is SO beautiful there (pictures will be coming soon)! We saw snow on the way, but Sedona itself did not have any. We went on a couple of different small hikes (only about a mile each) each day and I was still able to hang at 32 weeks - I was pretty proud of myself! The picture above was taken on one of these hikes. We also enjoyed some fantastic food and gallery shopping!

An update on our little guy - things have been going well, I've been recording kick counts for the OB and his all time high was 149 in an hour!! Wow!! I thought he was going to pop right out of me! I have been getting more and more uncomfortable when trying to sleep at night - a record of 4 bathroom visits the other night (I hope I don't ever break this record) and have been getting more and more emotional/hormonal. This stinks I think - my whole 2nd trimester I was able to maintain a positive and upbeat attitude, but unfortunately that has already gone down the tubes for the 3rd trimester even though I catch my self moving into a mood slump and try to pull myself out, I haven't been all that successful. I hope things will get better in this regard, but everything I read tells me it probably won't - so instead I'll just learn to live with it. We're now on the schedule for OB visits every 2 weeks and we have one tomorrow. I'll be sure to update the site with the details.

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little guy. Rob put together the baby furniture last week and we plan to get his room together this weekend. Unfortunately, the mattress is still in CA, so I haven't been able to put the bedding on yet (I've been bummed). Rob promises he will bring it back with him next week when he works there. I'll be sure to post a picture of it when we have everything together. I am a little bummed that we won't be able to paint and have an actual room for him (he will be sharing a room with our 2nd family room - yikes!), but I think it still will be very nice for him. I also plan to put together my hospital bag this weekend (most of it is together already). I finished up the last of the baby laundry (washing all the outfits and blankets so they'll be ready for the little guy) tonight and put everything in the chests. SO . . for the most part we are getting very close to ready! But, there will of course be round 2 of the baby laundry after the final shower in CA on Jan 12th. We are VERY excited about that shower and are looking forward to seeing our friends and family at the celebration!

Well - I think that catches us up hopefully. Only 2 more months and we will be able to stop posting pictures of my ever growing belly and post pictures of a beautiful baby boy! We can't wait!

No comments: